Pronal inflatable pipe stoppers are made from high quality fibre-reinforced elastomer and are being expanded by Air Springs Supply for industrial, resources and environmental applications.
- Completely leak proof and safe to use
- Pronal's inflatable pipe stoppers are simple to install and can be used to:
- Test pipes for leaks under pressure (joint testing)
- Isolate pipes for maintenance (inspection stoppers)
- Temporarily seal pipes to avoid run off of toxic materials (pollution stoppers)
- Provide highly portable and reusable medium and high pressure stoppers for offshore use
- Provide high pressure, self contained stoppers for specialised uses, from power stations to nuclear plants
Create air tight seal within water pipes
Pronal water flow stoppers are suitable for a wide variety of pipes including concrete, cast iron, steel, stainless steel and PVC.
Prevent accidental contamination
One of the simplest and quickest ways to prevent accident contamination of waterways from spills into water and sewerage lines is provided by Pollu-Plug stoppers from Air Springs Supply .
The proven range of Pollu-Plugs manufactured by global elastomer specialist Pronal are permanently and unobtrusively fitted in water and sewerage lines ready for instantaneous inflation by remote triggering as soon as an emergency arises in industrial, civil and municipal applications.
- Pollu-Plugs are triggered when an emergency arises, such as the urgent need to contain toxic fluid spill or to prevent spreading of firefighting or contaminated process water into the pipeline and into the environment downstream.
- When pipelines are not subject to an emergency, the uninflated stopper allows normal non-polluted contents to pass beneath the elastomer-coated Pollu-Plug, which is located flat inside the top of a pipeline. It is connected by an air supply line to an all-weather control panel and nitrogen inflation cylinder supplied by the customer and located outside the pipe.
- Pollu-Plugs are available in diameters of 100-1000mm and lengths of 450-2050mm (both measurements when empty). Custom sizes can be produced on request.
- The beauty of this product is its absolute simplicity, efficiency and near total lack of maintenance The quality and durability of the product – and of related Pronal pipeline products - is backed by Pronal’s global experience in elastomer technology, with more than 3,000 global customers relying on Pronal design projects in fields as diverse as military, aerospace, offshore, industrial, mechanical, hydraulic, nuclear, water and waste water and environmental areas.
- Pollu-Plugs are part of an extensive Pronal range of inflatable emergency, rescue and maintenance equipment used by industrial, military and civil defence organisations worldwide (including transportable water and fuel tanks and lifting cushions used to raise equipment such as mining plant and pipelines needing installation or maintenance).
- Inflated at pressures of between 40 and 120 KPa, depending on pipeline diameter, they complement Pronal’s extensive range of OFR stoppers designed for maximum sealing diameters of 770-2115mm. They also feature rapid inflation for tight sealing to prevent accidental pollution.