WW MACHLINK Instrumentation cables are commonly used in electrical measuring device to instrument panels, instrument to instrument connection, and electrical sensing device to control cabinets.
They also can be used for general transmission of electrical signals in any systems of remote control, indication, telemetering, monitoring and analysis where it needs to be protected from interference to the transmission signal by other electrical circuits.
- Conductor: plain annealed copper (class 2 strands) of the type specified in AS/NZS 1125
- Insulation: numbered and colour coded high grade polyvinyl chloride (PVC 90oC) compounds insulation to UL Style 1569
- Laying-up core: twisted to pair or triple with optimum pitch to minimise the cross talk
- Individually screened: a stranded tinned annealed copper drain wire (7/0.2mm) is helically applied between the lapping polyester tape and the aluminium foil (100% coverage) for protection against static noise, common mode noise and crosstalk between each pair
- Overall screened: a stranded tinned annealed copper drain wire (7/0.2mm) is helically applied between the lapping polyester tape and the aluminium foil (100% coverage) for extra protection against external noise and interference (i.e. electrostatic from external high voltages, electromagnetic from external high currents)
- Armour: single layer galvanized (mild) steel wires for corrosion resistance
- Bedding and sheath: high grade (PVC 90oC) flame retardant to UL Style 2464