- The Upwey Valve & Engineering Pressure Regulator is controlled by a pilot regulator normally mounted on the top of the valve.
- The design allows for rapid closure to prevent overpressure when the flow through the valve drops suddenly.
- The valve opens slowly in response to low downstream pressure.
- The supply pressure must be higher than the desired pressure to allow for internal losses in the valve.
- The wear parts are the same as are used in the HPE range of high-pressure water control valves that proved superior durability.
- To avoid cavitation the pressure ratio over the valve must be considered.
- The main valve poppet and seat is of our proven labyrinth grooved type that has proven to be best in "wire drawing" erosion, cavitations and dirt resistance.
- Downstream pressure can be regulated up to 18 MPa but it is normally made to regulate in the range between 1.0 and 3.0 MPa in narrow limits to the set pressure.
- Robust poppet in sleeve design ensure good guiding and support of the moving parts and long life despite the substantial forces due to the high pressures involved.
- The internal parts are all of corrosion resistant materials.
- The seals are proven to be the best design that stands up to dynamic water cylinder sealing.
- Maintenance can be done in-line requiring access from one side only.
- Internal damping controls surging in very large systems with adjustable orifice rate control.