PUAEME001B Provide emergency care
PUASAR001B Participate in a rescue operation
PUAEME002C Manage injuries at emergency incident
Who should attend:
This course would suit people who wish to have the necessary skills to undertake the rescue of others who work at height. The successful attendee will be competent to initiate site emergency response plans, select appropriate equipment and undertake vertical rescue operations as part of an on site emergency response team. Talk to us about customising this course for your unique situation.
- Course introduction and enrolment.
- Understanding the definition of working at height.
- Relevant legislation explained.
- Case studies of unsafe work at heights analysed.
- Your site’s specific height work tasks analysed.
- Rescue considerations. Roles and responsibilities.
- Notification of emergency services.
- Risk assessment and hazard control.
- Calculating fall clearance.
- High angle rescue, use of ropes and braking methods.
- Rappelling and Belay techniques.
- How to select the correct equipment.
- How to inspect equipment for condition/safety/suitability.
- Introduction to the use of all appropriate fall protective devices including; Harnesses lanyards, anchor points, Davit arms, Tripods, Insertion/recovery equipment.
- Unconscious casualty treatment.
- Practical exercises performed of vertical rescue situations.
Practical and theoretical and application based assessments.
When: As required
Where: On your site or at our training facilities
Duration: 3 days
Class Size: Up to 8 people