In the sifting zone the material passes along a cylindrical screen aided by 5 rotating single row brushes or beaters which sweep the material through the screen.
The material is separated into throughs and overs with the particle size separation depending on the aperture of the screen. Particles too large to pass through the screen, are called overs, pass along the screen until they are rejected into the overs container.
Particles passing through the screen are generally the desired product but the sifter can be changed if required, to reject fines from product.
Rotary sifters can be installed directly into the pneumatic conveying line or into any process system with a metered feed. Separation of products as fine as 0.25mm can be achieved with a Fresco rotary sifter.
As material is assisted by the brushes to pass through the screen, products, which are high in fat, or smear easily, are ideally suited to rotary sifting.
Standard Features of Rotary Sifters:
- Pulley and vee belt drive Safety guarding on the drive
- Quick removable screw and brush set
- Rear access hatch with O ring seal
- Solid stub shaft with interlocking drive squares
- Easily removable screen
- Sealed overs container
- Minimal external ledges
- Lip type shaft seals
- No internal nuts or bolts
- Heavy duty self aligning bearings
- Fully welded construction
- 5 single row nylon brushes double folded and stapled
- End weir plate
- Central discharge
Safety Features of Rotary Sifters:
- Full guarding on the drive
- Operation and maintenance manuals
- Safety switches
Rotary Sifters Materials of Construction:
- Carbon steel
- 304 Stainless steel
- 316 Stainless steel
Other Options Available:
- Shaft mounted
- Under hung
General Details of Rotary Sifters:
- Motor starters
- Abrasion resistance screen wipers
- Sanitary or industrial finish
- DIP motors
- Air purge seals
- Custom designs
- Side access doors