Machines are supplied with premade pouches in a continuous daisy-chain. (fan folded in cartons)
The machine opens pouches for filling, seals & cuts them into individual units.
Main model is Schur Star 2040C with capacity up to 80ppm, depending on pouch size & product.
Pouch feeding can be:
(a)Continuously with a pre-selected feeding speed.
(b)Intermittently with a pre-selected number of bags per cycle.
(c)Automatically with a variable stopping time per cycle for manual or automatic filling.
Machine presents pouches to operators fully opened in a rectangle and keeps them open for ease of filling.
Machine facilitates the incorporation of multiple manual and/or automatic filling stations on the same machine.
Machine allows the use of different size pouches without the need for change parts.
Toolless quick change over between different pouch styles & sizes takes max. 5 minutes eg: zipper to non-zipper style takes 3 minutes.
Machines are simple in operation & maintenance.
All pouch sizes have the same top construction so that the star chain which carries & opens the pouches is common.
A wide range of pouches/bags are available for use on the machine:
- stand-up style
- recloseable zipper pouches
- pouches incorporating carry handles
- piping style pouches for baking goods & sauces
- header bags with Euro-slot
- Cornet bags
- Bags with compartments
- Peelable bags
- resealable label bags
- Schur will develop new innovations where necessary
A wide range of pouch materials are available for specialised applications eg: PE, CPP, coextruded films and laminates.
Thermal printer can be fitted to overprint variable data or contents at time of filling.
Ideal production environment:
- slow to medium speed
- where there are large volumes for manual packing
- multiple bag sizes with frequent change overs
- products not easily packed on other systems (eg herbs, fruits which bruise easily, 3M face masks, toilet systems pipes)
- very broad customer base in foods & non foods
- Easily bruised fruit (use special ramp to load product)
- Using high barrier films and gas flushing.
- Excellent product presentation compared to conventional casings
- Eg: 10 cups of preprepared coffee in a reclosable bag
- Reclosable up market packs
Pet foods and products including multipacks
- Reclosable and with carry handles
- Packs and multipacks which can be done on same line
- Nuts, flour, rice, cereals, dried fruit
- Sanding discs, grinding wheels, screws, DIY multipacks
- Pipettes, syringes, medical kits, operation kits, wipe
- Toilet system parts, electrical packs
Baking products and sauces
- Can make piping bags from which product is dispensed once opened
Schur is ideally suited to the ANZ market which is characterised by short runs and numerous size changes.