The bag contains 5 to 6kg of stone dust, and then is hung from the roof in rows across the width of the roadway.
- The Stone Dust Barrier Bags are easy to handle and install, as they only weigh 5 to 6kg
- With the dust sealed inside the bags it will not be affected by humidity, reducing ongoing maintenance to the barrier.
- The bags will even rupture during low strength explosions at pressures as low as 5kPa.
- Alfabs Mining Equipments Bat Bags were originally tested at Simtars QLD in a propagation tube, designed by the Dr J J L du Plessis (the original designer of the Bagged Barrier System)
- A sample from EVERY BATCH of Bat Bags is destructively tested in the Simtars propagation tube according to AS1199-2003, and to satisfy the requirements of MDG 3006 MRT 5-12-2001.
- Alfabs test EVERY BATCH for your peace of mind, for the safety of your men and to continually ensure the effectiveness of the system. RING YOUR SUPPLIER FOR THE LATEST TEST RESULTS. The batch number is in the bottom left hand corner of the bag.