The Cygnus 6+ PRO has a large front LCD colour display plus an end mounted OLED display, offering maximum versatility for NDT. The gauge includes comprehensive data logging, A-Scan and B-Scan display, automatic and manual gain control and Bluetooth connection.
Proudly made in the UK, the Cygnus 6+ PRO still relies on Multiple-Echo* to provide simple and accurate measurements, with the added benefit of Echo-Echo and Single-Echo using twin crystal probes for extreme corrosion. Echo-Echo for measurements on painted metals but with heavy back wall corrosion/pitting and Single-Echo for measurements on uncoated surfaces with heavy front face and/or back-wall corrosion and attenuative materials such as cast metals or plastics/composites.
Designed for the toughest of operating conditions, with a simple to use keypad, intuitive menus and a colour LCD display which can be viewed in all lighting conditions. The twin shot injection moulded enclosure has a soft but durable TPE outer skin which is both comfortable and robust while the inner shell is strong, keeping the electronics totally sealed from the outside world. Having passed the stringent US Military Standard 810G environmental tests, this new housing represents toughness and reliability.
The Cygnus Multiple-Echo technique has been recommended and endorsed by the world’s leading classification societies (DNV, Bureau Veritas, Lloyds and RINA) for measuring the remaining metal thickness through protective coatings.
- Multiple-Echo for reliable, accurate through coating measurements.
- Single-Echo and Echo-Echo measuring modes.
- Unique dual display - large bright colour LCD screen and OLED end display for hands free operations.
- A-scan and B-scan display.
- High temperature probe option.
- Comprehensive data logging capabilities.
- Bluetooth connectivity.
- Min/max measurement limit functions with visual and vibrate alert.
- Extremely rugged enclosure - shock and impact to MIL STD 810G.
- Environment sealing to IP67 - MIL STD810G.
- Deep-coat mode, measure through coating up to 20 mm thick.
- Cygnus echo-strength bars assist thickness measurements in Multiple-Echo.
- TPE over moulded enclosure.
- Buttons designed for minimum of 100,000 depressions.
- Fully sealed battery compartment (contains any leaking battery fluids).
- MSI™ (Measurement Stability Indicator) for Single-Echo and Echo-Echo modes.
- Automatic probe recognition for S2C and twin crystal probes.