The Communicator enables industrial devices without a network interface to connect to all major industrial networks. It is optimized for automation devices with a Modbus-RTU interface, but has the flexibility to do so much more!
Connects devices with serial interfaces
Anybus Communicator gateway family can connect almost any automation device with a serial communication interface to fieldbus and industrial Ethernet networks. The Communicator performs an intelligent conversion between the serial protocol of the automation device and the chosen industrial network.
The Anybus Communicator supports RS-232, RS-422 and RS-485 serial electrical signals without any change in hardware. This allows for connectivity to a broad range of serial devices. Typical serial applications include variable frequency drives, sensors, actuators, human machine interfaces, barcode readers, RFID readers and industrial scales among others. It is much more than just a standard tunneling gateway and provides full flexibility and extended connectivity options.
Compatible with all leading PLC manufacturers
Anybus Communicator gateways are tested and proven with all leading manufacturers of PLC's such as, Siemens, Allen Bradley, Schneider Electric, Mitsubishi, ABB, Omron, Hitachi, Beckhoff, Phoenix Contact, Bosch Rexroth and more.
Easy installation - No programming required!
No programming skills are needed to set up the Communicator as configuration is accomplished using the free, easy to use Windows™ based "ABC Config Tool". The ABC Config Tool can be used to configure almost any serial protocol including master/slave protocols such as Modbus, or other producer/consumer based protocols, standard or vendor specific. Configuring a Modbus application is as simple as running the embedded Modbus Wizard in the ABC Config Tool. The Communicator can also be easily configured to consume or produce individual dynamic serial data strings.
Save/Load function saves you time and money
Another great feature with the Communicator is the Save/Load function. Once you have completed your serial configuration for one network, you can easily re-use the configuration for another Communicator supporting a different industrial network.
Qualified global support
Friendly technical support teams assist you during the development of your configuration and can recommend suitable test tools for testing your application.
- Powerful intelligent gateways providing unrivaled flexibility and functionality
- Once a configuration is completed it can be re-used for many other industrial networks
- Network enables almost any automation device with a serial RS-232/422/485 application interface
- Supports all kinds of serial protocols including Modbus, produce/consume, ASCII, custom protocol
- Available for all major fieldbus and industrial Ethernet networks
- Compatible with all leading PLC's from manufacturers such as, Siemens, Allen Bradley, Schneider etc..
- Complete protocol conversion performed by the Communicator, no extensive PLC function blocks required
- Easy to setup with the included ABC Config Tool. No programming required!
- Global free technical support and consultancy
- Custom versions with pre-loaded configuration, colors and labels available on request
- No hardware or software changes are required for the connected automation device