The patented REFRACTO-PAD™ thermocouple is designed to minimize temperature measurement problems caused by flame impingement and radiant heat. The accurate monitoring of tube skin temperature increases furnace efficiency, provides accurate tube life data, and assists in decoking operations
The Refracto–Pad™ design utilises a weld pad thermocouple and heat shield.
- Strong welded connection to the process tube.
- Patented heat shield with highly opaque, molded insulation.
- Shield and sensor profile designed to match tube curvature.
- Shield protects the sensor cable and allows for quick routing out of the radiant heat, increasing sensor life.
- Designed for high heat flux or difficult applications, up to and including flame impingement? In harsh environments these sensors ensure reliable readings due to their patented shielded design.
- Grounded or ungrounded junction.
- Radial or longitudinal mounting onto tube.