Projex Shockmat is a protective mat supplied in roll form that is manufactured in Germany from recycled reclaimed rubber, bonded together with high quality polyurethane. A roll of Shockmat is easy to handle and comes in either 10mm or 5mm thickness.
Shockmat has many commercial and industrial applications. It is widely used as a protective mat on waterproofing membranes, or as a sound reducing medium.
As a membrane protective medium SHOCKMAT is cheaper and easier to install than tiles or concrete screeds. It can be reused many times & is easily rolled up & stored.
Projex Shockmat can be installed as protective matting over exposed roof membranes to create a maintenance walkway for service personnel. It can also be used as temporary protection for most surfaces including finished floors (tiled, timber, etc) in remedial applications.
- Office Buildings
- Apartments, duplexes, units
- Schools, libraries, universities
- Areas where sound transmission may be a problem.
Shockmat’s unique formulation yields a product of outstanding Impact Sound Deadening Properties making it also ideal for heavy industrial usage, or where heavy machinery is to be used.
Shockmat exceeds CSIRO standards for noise transfer through hard surface finishes (ASTM E 989 – 89)
- Water permeable
- Safety non-slip properties
- Chemically neutral and non-toxic
- Reliable for the protection of waterproofing membranes
- Can be walked on immediately after installation
- Can be laid by waterproof contractors (or anyone else)
- Deadens sound – impact (ISO 717.2-2004)
- Can be loose laid or bonded down
- Can be installed in any weather conditions
- Resistant to corrosive effects of air, earth and water
- Resistant to construction acids and to alkaline solutions
Whatever the job, Shockmat Protection Matting can be used effectively for a diverse range of applications including:
- Protection for waterproof membranes (walkways, under paver pad supports & concrete slabs)
- Under timber flooring
- Ice rink walkways
- Garden beds
- Sports pitches
- On truck or utility trays
- Under machinery
- Industrial matting
- Gym Floors
As an example, Projex Shockmat was laid over the Wolfin Waterproofing Membrane under the garden beds and podiums at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music. The Shockmat was used to protect the membrane against garden implements and the steel reinforcing being installed over the membrane.
For more information please contact us.