First introduced in 1963, Wolfin is a single ply flexible polyester PVC roofing and waterproofing sheet membrane, which has outstanding mechanical, chemical & elongation properties. It is considered the leading waterproofing system in the industry and has been successfully used throughout the world, in all climates and weather conditions.
Manufactured in Germany, Wolfin Waterproofing Systems are environmentally friendly, recyclable, UV Stable & available in two versions: Loose-Laid (IB) and Bonded (GWSK).
Wolfin membranes are compatible with and can be installed directly over bitumens, asphalt, failed sheet & liquid membranes and is suitable for most finishes.
Wolfin can waterproof the following areas (but not limited to):
- WATER TANKS
- CAR PARKS
- UNDER SLABS
- BELOW THE WATER TABLE
- RAILWAY BRIDGES
- FLAT ROOFS
- GREEN ROOFS
- PLANTER BOXES
- RETAINING WALLS
- SEWAGE TANKS
- Single Point Warranty (Labour & Materials)
- Suitable for installation over most substrates
- Free of Toxins and Heavy Metals
- Superior Chemical Resistance
- Only installed by Trained and Accredited Wolfin Applicators
- Complete Ancillary System
- Plant Root Resistant – Certified Root Proof (FLL Tested & DIN EN 13948)
- Hot Air Welded Overlaps/Connections
- Service Temperature Range -25C – +85C
- Can be applied directly over failed membranes incl. Bitumen
- Suitable for New & Remedial Applications
- Up to 350% Elongation
- UV Stable-Suitable for Exposed Roofdecks
- High Tear Strength
- Proven Long-Life (> 30 years)
- Manufactured in Germany, Wolfin Waterproofing Systems are environmentally friendly, recyclable, UV Stable & available in two versions: Loose-Laid (IB) and Bonded (GWSK)
- Wolfin membranes are compatible with and can be installed directly over bitumens, asphalt, failed sheet & liquid membranes and is suitable for most finishes.
Due to its superior vapour diffusion rate, Wolfin is the most proven and reliable waterproofing membrane on the market for remedial works where moisture is usually trapped in the substrate, due to the direct result of leaking of failed membranes over time.
The Wolfin Waterproofing System incorporates purpose designed terminations with a strong elastic weldable sheet membrane that exhibits long term durability. Recent testS carried out on a 25 year old Wolfin membrane showed no change in the membranes physical values from those of the original product.
What’s more, it offers arguably the best-designed termination system profile in the industry – and unlike many of its competitors, ensures there is a significant reduction in the possibility of water ingress behind the membrane.
Wolfin IB - (unreinforced) 1.5 mm
Colours : light grey or black
- Standard general-purpose waterproofing membrane
- Used for new and retrofit roofing, tanking and liquid containment applications
- Allows most existing failed materials to stay
- Loose Laid
Wolfin GWSK - (reinforced, self-adhesive) 2.3mm
Colours : light grey or black
- Bonded membrane with powerful, butyl-modified bitumen adhesive backing
- Preferred waterproofing membranes for horizontal works in domestic, commercial and civil construction including bridge waterproofing and suitable under asphalt toppings.
24 gge galvanised steel with 0.8 mm layer of Wolfin Membrane factory bonded to one side and available in 2m lengths. Profiles are used to terminate & secure the membrane and are available in 5 standard shapes off the shelf or can be custom made as required. The membrane is welded directly to the Wolfinsteel & all fixings are encapsulated. They are available in Light Grey or Black & can be painted if required.
316L Wolfinsteel Profiles
This is the same as the Wolfinsteel above but the steel used is 316L Low-Carbon Stainless Steel. This variant of the Wolfinsteel is used where there are particularly severe corrosion/chemical issues. Black only.
An extruded section of Wolfin IB, which is placed onto the formwork & cast into the concrete The AF6 is a cast in termination for the membrane which also acts as a waterstop. Can be used in footings, hobs etc.
Preformed Internal and External corners for a tighter neater look. The Wolfin membrane welds direct to the corners.
Wolfinator is a structural grade adhesive that has been specially formulated for the bonding of Wolfinsteel to non-absorbent substrates including metals, ceramics, glass, etc. It will also adhere to slightly damp substrates.
The Universal Pins are the solution for fastening items directly to the Wolfin Membrane without piercing the membrane itself. The pin has an 80mm diameter base plate, which is made of Wolfin membrane (with a protruding 25mm vertical threaded bar and locking nuts) and can be welded directly to any Wolfin membrane system.
Tetrahydrafuran cold welding solvent, for cold welding membrane overlaps & membrane connections to PVC pipes.
The Projex Difference
As part of our commitment to providing exceptional customer service, the team at Projex will provide on-going customer service, and technical support for any Wolfin applications. What’s more, we also conduct Quality Assurance inspections to ensure the high standards of Wolfin have been achieved.
As testament to the confidence we have in this product, Wolfin comes with an unrivalled warranty on both labour and materials, fully supported by the manufacturer in Germany. In fact, Projex (via Wolfin Membrane Australia Pty Ltd) guarantees both the material and labor in a single warranty on all Wolfin installations.
Don't settle for second best - choose the waterproofing system that the professionals use and that protects your assets.