Minimal space is occupied and accidental damage from forklifts during stuffing and un-stuffing is avoided due to its design and rigid casing.
Absorpole is based on the proven ability of calcium chloride to aggressively remove moisture from the air and can absorb 150% of its weight in moisture.
How Absorpole works
Absorpole is activated once it is pulled out of its container. The calcium chloride, at the top of the pole, immediately starts to absorb moisture from the surrounding air.
The desiccant material gradually dissolves into brine which is captured in a collector. Once captured, the moisture will not re-evaporate into the air.
The absorption characteristics of calcium chloride provide Absorpole with a superior absorption capacity, even at low humidity levels, and the ability to effectively protect cargo throughout the entire voyage.
- Agricultural products
- Textiles and leather
- Wood and paper products
- Plastics, glass and metals
- Electronics and machinery
- Automotive parts
- Canned goods
- Patented solution
- Absorpole is protected by foreign and US patents including Patent No.: EP 01972864.1
- Weight: 1.6 kg/3.5 lb
- Size: H 1190 mm/W 116 mm/D 34 mm (H 46.8 in/W 4.5 in/D 1.3 in)
- Working temperature: –20° C to 90°C (– 4° F to 149°F)
- Collection capacity: 2 liters
- Absorbent: 1.2 kg/2.6 lb calcium chloride
- Pallet quantity: 230
Generally, 4 – 6 poles are required for 20-foot containers and 6 –12 poles for 40-foot containers. The number may vary depending on the length of the voyage, the range of temperatures encountered and the type of cargo protected.
Absorpole is made only of PE/PP plastics and salt, which are non-toxic and recyclable. Absorpole is a one-time product and can be disposed with regular waste.
Why Use Absorpole?
- Easy to install and remove
- Robust and durable design
- High absorbance – fewer poles needed
- Cost effective
- Long lasting, protects throughout the entire voyage
- No loss of load space
- Environmentally friendly, no toxic materials