Absortop is the latest desiccant in the Absortech product family and is uniquely designed for bulk cargo transportations.
Absortop is based on the proven ability of Calcium Chloride to aggressively remove moisture from the air. Absortop is specifically designed for use in bulk containers and fully loaded containers. Absortop is mounted at the container ceiling; it is tightly secured, robust and will stay in place even when tilt stuffing and –unstuffing is employed. The absorbed water cannot reevaporate into the container since it is transferred and stored in the lower compartment of the absorber.
Generally, 2-4 absorbers are required for 20-foot containers and 4-8 absorbers for 40-foot containers. However, the number may vary depending on the length of the voyage, the range of temperatures encountered and the type of products being protected.
Mounted at the container ceiling. Free Space required: 100 mm
For use with dry cargo such as steel and aluminum coils, machinery and all kinds of consumer goods; as well as moist cargo, typically agricultural commodities such as hay, coffee, cocoa, peanuts, beans and sugar.
- Weight: 2, 5 kg
- Size: 400x400x80 mm
- Working Temperature: 65°C to -20°C
- Absorption Capacity: Up to 4 liters
- Container Volume: 5,5 litres
- Absorbing Media: 2, 2 kg Calcium Chloride
- Easy to use
- Cost e ffective
- Robust and durable design
- High capacity –fewer absorbers needed
- Protects the cargo through the entire journey –does not run out half way
- High absorption even at low humidity levels
- No loss of load s pace
- Environmentally friendly, no-toxic materials
Absortop is made of PE/PP plastics that are nontoxic and recyclable. Absortop is a one time use product and can be disposed with regular waste.