RT20 Soil Stabiliser
Dispersant Soil Stabiliser
Poor Quality Pavement Materials
Engineer's compact gravels and soils to increase strength, reduce compressibility and permeability. This ultimately minimises unravelling and reduces the damaging effects of water and maintenance requirements.
Unfortunately many pavement materials are substandard with the need of importing higher quality material that's cost prohibitive whilst often quality materials are not readily available.
RT20 Soil Stabiliser has been developed to improve the engineering qualities of in-situ and substandard construction materials (gravels and soils) by improving compatibility, increasing strengths and reducing particle void space therefore reducing permeability.
How It Works
Nearly all natural fine grained soil exists in a state of partial aggregation, i.e. some of the fines are held together in aggregates by electrochemical forces.
The nature of these forces in the soil can reduce the engineering qualities of the available soil material.
RT20 Soil Stabiliser permanently alters the surface characteristics of the soil particle causing the particles to repel each other. This action allows for improved particle realignment upon compaction resulting in a more tightly bound and denser soil structure.
RT20 Soil Stabiliser tightens and binds road material which effectively:
- Reduces road maintenance requirements (by approximately 50%).
- Reduces unravelling, potholes and corrugation
- Reduces the damaging effects of water
- Reduces the loss of fines from the road’s surface (DUST).
- Improves the soil's ability to compact
- Higher soil densities and bearing strengths
- Reduces particle void spaces, which in turn reduces permeability rates.
- Permanently changes the negative reactions that soil particles have with water (i.e. swell/shrink)
- The ability to utilise available substandard construction material.
- Will not effect other additives.
RT20 Soil Stabiliser Is also used in:
- Dam construction and Clay Liners.
- Embankment construction.
- Bulk Earthworks.
0.2 – 0.3 litres of RT20 is added into the compaction water for every cubic metre of road material to be treated.
RT20 Soil Stabiliser is applied by using standard construction procedures:
- Opening up or 'ripping' the ground.
- Watering in the diluted product.
- Mixing (windrowing) the treated material
- Laying out material and compacting.
All RST products are environmentally safe and user friendly. For further detailed information on a specific product or application please contact our Head Office.
click below for printer friendly version
To Know about RT20 Soil Stabiliser Please click here