Features and Benefits:
- Owning and operating costs of a Powertrans road train are significantly lower than large off-highway mining trucks because capital costs are about half the cost of larger units, as are maintenance costs.
- Additionally, Powertrans units use readily available off highway light earthmoving tyres. As a result, a Powertrans road train system allows speeds that are generally greater than can be achieved and/or sustained over haul distances by conventional off-highway mining trucks.
- Loaded speeds in the order of 55 km/h and unloaded speeds of 75 km/h are possible, depending on road conditions and grades.
- In mining applications with haul distances between 10 km and 50 km, a Powertrans-based haulage operation offers a viable low-cost and flexible alternative to rail or conveyor-based transport, with generally lower infrastructure costs.
- In addition, the deployment time to set up operations for a Powertrans road train system is usually far less than for conveyors or rail lines.