With long-term proven performance and creep data, it is an ideal engineered product that designers may confidently specify in today's increasingly highly loaded floor designs.
For sandwich panel cores, the lightweight, close tolerance, dust-free surface allows for excellent bonding to a wide variety of sheet materials.
Dow Styrofoam RTM-X has been specifically designed to withstand severe dynamic loads and stresses which may eventually lead to fatigue and failure. It is specially designed to resist such force and in tests has been shown to perform extremely well under dynamic load cycling.
Dow Styrofoam RTM-X is manufactured through a continuous extrusion process, and as with all Styrofoam products possess a rigid closed cell structure with unique properties such as low thermal conductivity, high resistance to water penetration and high compressive strength.
Dow Styrofoam RTM-X is produced in a range of thicknesses and is grooved on both facers. Styrofoam products are not biodegradable in the environment, and do not present an environmental hazard in the water/soil compartment.
When correctly installed, Styrofoam products have a service life comparable with the remainder of the building or structure. The boards can be reused, even after having been installed for decades.
- Core material in sandwich panels for the walls, floors, roofs and doors in refrigerated trucks and containers
- High load-bearing floors such as cold stores, warehouses and parking areas
- Under or over ground bearing concrete slabs
- Suspended beam and block or timber floors
- Low thermal conductivity
- High compressive strength-to-weight ratio
- High resistance to water penetration
- Grooved surface allows for excellent bonding to a variety of sheet materials
- Green Star Compliant
- CFC and HCFC free
- Zero ODP