Dow Styrofoam is an extruded polystyrene board with a closed cell structure which means it won’t absorb moisture.
The boards are designed with a tongue and grooved edge to ensure the boards lock together to prevent moisture passing through the joints where the tongue edge is up and the groove edge is facing down.
Dow Styrofoam XPS offers excellent long term R-values that per unit thickness are superior to most alternative common insulation products.
- Exterior walls over studs or non-insulating sheathing like OSB or plywood interior walls - concrete blocks
- Ceilings - cathedral, vaulted or flat ceilings, finished attic
- Exterior foundation walls
- Interior foundation walls
- Crawl space
- Tongue and grooved edge
- High strength-to-weight ratio
- Long term retained R-Value
- Very low water absorption
- Low susceptibility to rot, mould or fungal growth
- Clean, odourless and free from irritating dust