RTM MP: Bi-directional signal transmission in rotating machinery.Parallel transmission of encoder signals for tension measurement and control.
The RTM MP System with its bi-directional signal transmissions supports tension measurement & data exchange with master controller. The RTM MP System transmits both analog and digital signals & can submit up to 2 independent encoder signals (special 4 signal upon request) and can be used in a wide range of applications in the Wire & Cable industry such as:
- Measurement and control of wire tension
- Control of take-up traverse Monitoring of cradle locks
- Monitoring of bearing temperatures
- Monitoring of spool diameter
- Reliable radio-based signal transmission
- Simple system concept, integrated solution
- Compact design
- Signal transmission w/o slip-rings, maintenance-free, highly reliable
- Easy installation and start-up
- Applications with limited installation space possible, e.g. Bekaert bow twisters
- Secure data link up to 30 m, no slip rings necessary
RTM X42 Systems: Modular wire tension measurement for tubular and cage type stranders
The material tension and controlof single wires or strands during the production of wires and ropes has major impacst on process safety and product quality. FMS has developed the RTM X42 System for this demanding application.
The sensors provide precise measurement of the wire tension and their special design compensate for the impact of centrifugal forces on the measurement results.
The modular & compact design of the components allows them to fit into the limited installation space of tubular and cage type stranders.
The RTM X42 System offers unmatched functionality for both cable manufacturers and OEMs to maximize their competitive advantage. The basic function of simple wire tension measurement can be gradually extended with comprehensive monitoring and documentation as well as with tension control capabilities with a closed-loop control.
Features and advantages:
- Material tension measurement in single wires or strands -> Determine the most important quality and process parameter
- Modbus interface as standard -> Compatible with almost any master controller via anybus gateway (see RTM X42 Accessories)
- 1-42 single strands on a single RTM X42 System, multiple systems can operate in parallel -> Modular adaptable to various plant sizes
- Reliable radio transmission -> No wear and minimum maintenance, no additional wiring and no slip-rings required
- Comprehensive range of accessories -> Monitoring & Control Software/fully automated brake control
RTM X42 Accessories and Extensions
RTM X42.CCC Control Center – System extension for visualization of tension data
The RTM X42.CC Control Center offers perfect tools for data visualization and storage as well as management of production parameters and complements the RTM X42 System in regards of quality and process control. The embedded industrial PC and the custom made Monitoring & Control Software offer best access to the relevant parameters to the operator and the quality management.
The RTM X42.CC Control Center is a basic requirement to operate the RTM X42.BC Brake Control.
- Clear visualization of the measured results
- Store and retrieve collected data
- Integrated solution with easy control
- Save parameter settings
- Wide range of production data for analysis
- Process data under control
- Quality documentation (certificates) for your customers
- Ease of operation
- Quick parameter recall
- Data can be use to monitor plant performance and as a basis for process improvements
RTM X42.BC Brake Control – System extension for continuous tension control
This extension will expand the functions of the RTM X42 System from pure tension monitoring and analyzing to a closed-loop tension control system. The control values are calculated in the RTM X42.CC Control Center and wirelessly transmitted to the individual brake actuators which convert the signals and provide constant wire tension in a continuous process removing need to stop the machine for manual brake adjustment.
- Integrated solution
- For belt and rope type friction brakes
- Simple concept, maintenance-free, robust
- Proven battery technology
- Fully automated control of the pay-off brakes
- Continuous production with highest quality
- Easy to retrofit, high reliability
- Ease of operation, long lifetime, highest efficiency
For more information call CGB (03) 9775 1125 or email email@example.com