It is specifically for the steel and metals sectors. Axios mAX-Metals delivers sensitive, reproducible and stable results for a wide range of applications; from high-precision metals analysis to accurate trace element determination.
Automated XRF for metals
Elemental analysis using XRF is well established in the metals industry for applications including:
- Specialist alloy production, including nickel and cobalt for hi-tech applications
- Copper-, aluminium- and titanium-based alloy production
- Iron and steel manufacture, including slag analysis and incoming goods control
- Precious metal production
- Soldering alloy production
- Monitoring scrap metal and unknown material, including environmental samples
- Slag analysis for production control
Axios mAX-Metals provides consistent high-quality data across the full elemental range, from fluorine to uranium and from ppm to 100 wt%. Easily integrated into automated laboratory systems, Axios mAX-Metals is ideal for medium to high throughput applications in R&D and production control.
Specialised software for metals
Axios mAX-Metals uses a dedicated version of PANalytical's SuperQ software, with its highly intuitive interface. Each system comes with NiFeCo-FP and/or Cu-base-FP application solutions, consisting of templates and high-quality reference materials.
Special NiFeCo samples are used to set up wide range calibrations in Fe-, Ni- and Co-based materials, to analyze up to 19 elements encountered in super alloy production.
The Cu-base package covers many alloy compositions, such as brasses (including alloyed types), bronzes (including Al-, P- and Pb-types) and cupro-nickel.
The performance of Axios mAX–Metals can be further extended with features such as:
- Power and continuous loading options for faster analysis
- CHI-BLUE ccating for further enhanced robustness
- Hi-Per Scint for unprecedented dynamic range and improved detection limits for a range of elements.
- Duplex detector for more precise transition metals analysis
- Curved upgrade and element-specific crystals enhance analytical performance for elements between Be and Cl
- Hi-Per channels provide higher sensitivities and quicker analysis for light elements
- Omnian for standardless analysis of unknowns
- Pro-Trace, standards and software enable sub-ppm quantification of trace elements