This enables our ceramic products to be used in applications where excellent surface finish and tight tolerances are vital for their success.
Our manufacturing techniques include:
- Centreless grinding - for OD grinding of ceramic tubes and rod to 2 micron precision.
- Tool post grinding - up to 1000mm long and diameter up to 200mm.
- CNC milling – Intricate shapes produced from a range of ceramic materials.
- Flat bed grinding – to a flatness of 10 microns over a length of 1000mm.
- Lapping - We have both silicon carbide and diamond laps for polishing surfaces to a mirror finish. Size up to 350mm diameter and polish to better than 0.02 Ra.
- Polishing – Pump pistons are made by diamond polishing to a finish of better than 0.02 Ra.
- Spheres and seats - We can manufacture spheres and seats to a range of sizes, lapped to a gas tight seal.
- Drilling – Hole sizes from 2mm to 100mm.
- Honing – Internal and external honing of ceramic tubes and rod.
- Sawing - We regularly cut ceramic components to size for both high volume and low volume products, with precision to 80 microns.
To get a qoute on your ceramic component simply send us a drawing. For more information please call or use the IndustrySearch email for a direct reply.