The shaftless STS type conveyor spiral is driven by a direct drive without the need for hanger bearings. Lengths of up to 40m are achievable without hanger bearings. Our technology is in the design of a very high tensile strength spiral which allows us to manufacture shaftless spirals of up to 700mm in diameter. The shaftless spiral runs on either special ultra high molecular weight polyetheylene liner with strong wear resistant properties. These are available with wear indicators. Alternatively for very abrasive material such as sand/grit stainless steel bars are used. The liners are long life and easily replaceable.
Advantages and innovative features of the STS shaftless conveyors include:
- Absence of outlet end bearing and intermediate bearing assemblies
- Conveying lengths up to 40m and more
- No mechanical components in contact with the handled product
- Low speed
- No jamming or blocking even in presence of fibrous products
- Fully enclosed pollution-free equipment