Hand-tools, machinery, and heavy vehicles cause vibration, the harmfulness of which depends on its intensity and frequency content, and the time of exposure.
Brüel & Kjær's Human Vibration Analyzer Type 4447, a portable system for acquisition, measurement and evaluation of human vibration, is designed to meet the requirements of those who wish to monitor and reduce the exposure of human operators to the harmful influences of such vibration.
It is delivered together with a software package for calculation of vibration exposure to check the action values and limit values against legislatative values.
Features of Human Vibration Analyser:
- Compact, stand-alone instrument with an internal power source
- Versatile graphics display for control of the instrument and analysis of results
- Ideal for field-work, only four buttons for control of functions
- All necessary data displayed for instant assessment of exposure to vibration
- USB connection to a computer for archiving and post process of the data to calculate vibration doses
The instrument was developed and designed on the basis of inputs from several groups concerned about human vibration:
Applications of Human Vibration Analyser:
- Consultants working with measurements of, and risk evaluations caused by, exposure to occupational vibration
- Departments for occupational health
- Manufacturers of building machinery, freight vehicles and other machinery causing vibration
- Manufacturers of anti-vibration pads, seats and personal protection equipment
- Manufacturers of all kinds of hand-tools
- Educational institutions
- Medical institutions