Krueger's Road Friendly Suspension (RFS), was specifically designed for Australian road conditions, to increase the customer's bottom line, by offering smarter, simpler technology that is lighter, cheaper and easier to install without compromise to safety and quality. It is the only air suspension for a trailer, which is made for Australian conditions!
1st Australian Made RFS Suspension
Being wholly Australian-owned, RFS work closely with their customers to develop new designs, both tested and developed under Australian Conditions, in a much shorter time frame than imported brands can offer. RFS Road Friendly Suspension System carries the stamp of Government approval, under the Federal Government ADR requirements.
RFS Highly Competitive Suspension Systems
The RFS Suspension is suited to any brand of cambered axle and has many low tare features that are better or match any competitor products. Krueger has proven that camber axles increase tyre life. The RFS Air suspension design accepts a cambered axle, which is held in a U-bolt. As a result the axle is easily removed (unlike other brands which are unsuited to cambered axles) saving you costly re-fitment maintenance charges. It all adds up to more payload and improved tyre life, to increase your margins. The RFS Air suspension also comes as standard, with many new features such as ‘easy align’, which means a wheel alignment can now be adjusted in minutes.
- Spring arms, manufactured in Germany.
- Air Springs are Firestone.
- Dampeners are Koni heavy-duty, designed specifically for semi trailers.
- Dampeners’ studs are M24 Alloy steel.
- Height Control Valve is Wabco fast acting.
- Air fittings are push-in type, zero leak Roufoss.
- Axle saddles are cast steel to Australian Standards AS2074.
- U-bolts are M24 hardened & tempered to ISO standard 898-1 class 10.9.
- Precisely machined zinc plated wheel alignment cams.
- Fits all axles (BPW, York, LMS Dana & K-Hitch)
MK VI Features & Benefits
- One Piece Pressed Hanger
- Eliminates welding and any potential cracking
- Improved pivot bolt clamping.
- Reduced Tare weight.
- Consistent manufacturing tolerances.
- Built-in provision for wheel alignment.
- Symmetrical hanger for even loading.
- Narrow Hanger Foot Print
- Allows the hanger to be fully welded, directly to main rail flange.
- No packers or additional gussets are required.
- Hanger loading is symmetrically transferred to the main rail, eliminating any potential twist loading.
- Bolt-on Mudguard Brackets
- Easily installed and/or replaced.
- Multi-hole adjustment to achieve the desired tyre clearance.
- Mono-leaf suspension rated at 9.0 tonne per module.
- Heavy duty suspension rated at 11.0 tonne per module.
- Ride height ranges from 200 to 500mm.
- Axle lift.
- Raise / Lower Valve.
- Air weighing gauge.
Technical, Service & Parts Support
The RFS Air Suspension is backed by a team of engineers, involved in developing the product and numerous improvements, which have taken place over the years. The RFS Air Suspension is also strongly backed by the Krueger Service and Parts network in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane and the associated dealerships in Adelaide and Perth.