The VF chipbreaker has been developed to avoid such situations when machining under these conditions.
Features of Turning Inserts | Chipbreaker VF
- Designed with a high positive rake and helix angle on the cutting edge, the insert tool life increases considerably by minimizing the heat generated during machining.
- Minmizes vibration when machining slender bars.
- Provides excellent surface finish.
- Suitable for cutting steel, mild steel, low carbon steel, stainless steel, and difficult to cut materials.
Recommended Cutting Conditions for Turning Inserts | Chipbreaker VF
- Insert: DNMG 150404(431) R-VF
- Material: 0.45% Carbon Steel
- f=0.08 - 0.40mm/rev
.003 - .016ipr
- d=0.7 – 3.5mm
.028 - .138inch