The type DS probe consists of a SIRO2 oxygen sensor with an internal thermocouple, with a small industrial thermocouple head with all electrical and reference air connections. All wiring and electrodes are platinum, for the best possible corrosion resistance and refractoriness.
A ceramic sheath over the sensor is an option. A sheath is useful to protect the platinum wire if the probe is frequently removed and re-installed. The standard sheath material is limited to 1300°C (2400°F). High temperature sheaths are available on special order – please enquire.
Read the probe measurements with the type AIC hand-held digital meter, for a quick and simple indication.
Probes include a 4-pin Cannon type cord plug, ready for connection to any suitable 4-conductor cable.
We recommend a shielded umbilical cable for greater accuracy over long cable runs. We supply a braided four wire cable with a Cannon plug at each end. We use R-type thermocouple compensation wire in the cable. A reference air hose is also fitted in the cable.
The DS oxygen probe is scientific laboratory use, a gas-tight seal is often required at the insertion point. The DS probe has a vaccuum sealed, stainless steel extension tube over the first 50 mm of the sensor. This extension tube can easily be fitted into an O-ring seal.
This probe is accurate enough for research laboratory use, but low in cost.
- Student laboratory experiments – demonstration of the Nernst equation
- Combustion and pyrolysis research
- Measurement of fuel/air ratios in combustion
- Oxygen fugacity measurements in geological specimens
- Fuel combustion efficiency contro
- Furnace gas analysis
- Waste management systems
- Temperature and oxygen control of kilns
- Carburising (heat treating) furnace control
- Potters’ kilns
- Annealing furnaces
- Large and small electric kilns
- Flue gas analysis
- O2 levels at high temperatures
- CO2 harsh environments
- Technical ceramic kiln systems
- Industrial applications
- Metal heat treatment processes
- Molten systems (single use only)
- Copper reverberator
- Thermocouple: R-type
- Oxygen output signal: DC millivolt, according to Nernst equation
- Oxygen measurement range:1 atm to 10-24 atm.pO2
- Operating temperature:700°C to 1650°C
- Accuracy: within 2mV of theoretical output
- Gas-tight seal for scientific laboratory use
- Specific for O2
- High O2 sensitivity and selectivity
- High dynamic range of detection
- High temperature of operation
- Rapid responses
- In situ measurement
- Solid state electronic component – rugged sensor
- No power consumed for operation under all conditions
- No bias required to operate
- Available up to 1400 mm
For further information or a price quotation, please call or use the IndustrySearch enquiry box for a direct reply.