The CP probe incorporates a SIRO2 C700 all ceramic oxygen sensor. The CP probe comes with an optional ceramic sheath for extended life and additional protection. The probe design is specifically intended for small apertures into furnaces. It is used for measurement and control of oxygen sensitive environments at high temperatures. The sensor operates in situ, and measures oxygen concentration in real time, without the need for expensive gas sampling, or gas extraction equipment. The probe comes standard with a K-type thermocouple, but is available with an R-Type.
The CP Probe saves you money by omitting the thermocouple pyrometer, so that you can continue to use cones. This probe is ideal to control both gas and wood-fired kilns.
The advantages of measurement of oxidation/reduction include:
- Fuel savings - an economical firing depends on supplying enough oxygen, without waste of energy from heating excess air.
- Reliable glaze colours - Knowing the right level of reduction every firing gives you the colours you want, firing after firing.
- Reduced air pollution - Use the CP Probe as a guide for stoking wood-fired kilns to reduce wood consumption and unnecessary ash and smoke.
The CP probe is based on the SIRO2 zirconia oxygen sensor. This all-ceramic sensor is the world-wide standard for controlling oxidation and reduction.
- Specific for O2
- High O2 sensitivity and selectivity
- High dynamic range of detection
- High temperature of operation
- Rapid responses
- In situ measurement
- Solid state electronic component – rugged sensor
- No power consumed for operation (all conditions)
- No bias required to operate
- Available up to 1400 mm
- Fuel combustion efficiency control
- Furnace gas analysis
- Waste management systems
- Temperature and oxygen control of kilns
- Carburising (heat treating) furnace control
- Potters’ kilns
- Annealing furnaces
- Large and small electric kilns
- Flue gas analysis
- O2 levels at high temperatures
- CO2 harsh environments
- Technical ceramic kiln systems
- Industrial applications
- Metal heat treatment processes
- Molten systems (single use only)
- Copper reverberator
For further information or a price quotation, please call or use the IndustrySearch enquiry box for a direct reply