It is predominantly used to monitor particulate emissions in stacks after bag filters, cartridge filters, cyclones and process driers. The instrument combines regulatory approvals (MCERTS and TUV BlmSchV 17) for both dust measurement and leak monitoring, with reliable automatic quality assurance features, rugged operation and advanced diagnostics capability for managing and improving the operation of bagfilter arrestment plant. The PCME STACK 990 PLUS is a multisensor networked system (up to 16) for multi-stack and plant wide monitoring.
The standard and PLUS versions of the instrument also include internal data logging suitable for emission recording and data archiving and support the following capability:
- Normalisation for T and O2 (assumes inputs from other analysers).
- Mass calculation (kg/year) capability for both fixed and varying velocity applications (varying velocity requires velocity input).
- Emission reporting and data analysis via optional PC software.
- Advanced graphic and user interface screens.
An EX (Category 1, 2 and 3 ATEX and IECEx) version of the instrument is optionally available for EX Dust Zones 20, 21 and 22. This system is approved by an independent notified body and uses intrinsic safety (sensor rod) and energy limitation as its protection method. The system is provided with a sensor earth strap (must be connected to stack) and an isolating spur which connects between the sensor rod and control unit. Note: For EX gas zones, the intrinsically safe PCME View 800 series instruments with Category 1, 2 and 3 approval is available.
- Certification range: 0-15mg/m3 (TUV).
- Long term zero drift: <0.1mg/m3.
- Measurement capability: 0-500mg/m3.
- Maintenance interval: 1 month.
- Inspection frequency: 6 months.
- For measurement in non-condensing flue gases.
- For stack measurement but not suitable for Electrostatic precipitators or applications with water droplets.
- For use in processes with flow of 8m/s-20m/s with no restrictions. Constant velocity required outside this range.
- For stack diameters: 100mm to 6m (flow profile dependent on larger stacks).
For more information on the PCME Stack 990 please click here.