With its compact cost effective transmitter design, pragmatic and reliable monitoring can now be provided for all types of industrial bagfilters. The instrument benefits, first from PCME’s unique ElectroDynamicTM Probe
Electrification technology, secondly advanced features enabling the Leak Alert 73 to be configured for all types of bagfilters irrespective of cleaning sequence and finally a choice of field upgradeable options to provide quality assurance (QA) features for the user. The Leak Alert 73 is part of the PCME Leak Alert family of products, which have been specifically designed to detect low and medium levels of dust leakage in addition to gross bag failure enabling bagfilter users to maximise filter performance.
The Leak Alert 73 combines advanced signal processing techniques with PCME’s unique ElectroDynamicTM Probe Electrification technology. When the sensing probe is installed after the bagfilter, particles in the airstream interact with the sensing rod to induce a charge signature. The resulting signal is filtered electronically to reject signals outside a defined frequency range (including the dc Triboelectric signal) which makes the instrument less susceptible to changes in particle velocity and to virtually eliminate the effect of any particle contamination on the rod. In bagfilter applications the instrument provides a robust signal proportional to dust emissions which is used to monitor and detect bag leaks. The instrument has the necessary features to discriminate between the variation in dust due the bag cleaning sequence and real leak conditions.
The Leak Alert 73 provides powerful bagleak capability based on the following standard features:
Bag leak monitoring performance
- High quality leak response with sufficient dynamic range and time response to track emissions from single and multi-compartment pulse cleaned bagfilters
- Instrument drift and minimum detection level below 0.1mg/m3 with leak monitoring to 500mg/m3
- Fully configurable warning alarm and limit alarm levels with independent alarm delay
- Convenient bag leak output range scaled 0-100%. Option for scaling in defined units (user selectable)
Designed for practical bagfilter issues
- Category 3 option is suitable for ATEX dust zone 22 (see Category 1 option for zones 20 and 21)
- Inbuilt surge protection to counter effects of indirect lightning
- Input available for marker pulse from bag cleaning cycle
- Industrially hardened enclosure and sensor mechanics provides convenient connections to plant allowing armoured cable use
- Powered directly from mains power supply 110/230VAC or (24VDC option)
Powerful user Interface
- 4 digit display and keypad within instrument
- Instrument set-up via internal keypad or PC laptop (optional software required)
- Intuitive multilevel user interface (user set-up, engineering set-up) with password protection
- 3 separate tri colour status LEDs, for power, emission alarms and instrument self-checks
For more information on the Leak Alert 73 please click here.