Taking care of the environment and our planet is everyone's responsibility. That's why AUS have committed in using and supplying "ecomate" a blowing agent that has zero ozone depletion potential, zero global warming potential, does not contribute to SMOG (VOC exempt) and other technical and cost advantages."
Laboratory and field tested since 2000, ecomate is a revolutionary family of Polyurethane foam systems. It has demonstrated superior characteristics to meet current and future market needs.
- Kyoto Protocol Compliant
- Montreal Protocol Compliant
- Urethanes made with ecomate® accepted worldwide
- Meets current regulatory and environmental mandates
- Non-ODP (Ozone Depletion Potential)
- Non-GWP (Global Warming Potential)
- U.S.A. VOC-Exempt (Volatile Organic Compound commonly known as SMOG)
- U.S.A. EPA (Environmental Protection Agency)-SNAP (Significant New Alternatives Program) Approved
- Thermally Efficient
- Minimal or no equipment, plant/facility, or production changes
- Cost competitive field proven since 2000
FSI's newest polyurethane system revolutionizes the polyurethane industry, providing an all-encompassing answer to environmental, Market-Driven, and Governmental laws regulations and mandates, without the outrageous added costs associated with every alternative blowing agent offered by the competitors.
Methyl formate, commonly known as ecomate® in the polyurethane industry, was recently awarded VOC Excempt Status by the EPA.
Tests show that ecomate does not contribute to tropospheric ozone, commonly known as SMOG, which occurs when VOCs (volatile organic compounds) and nitrogen oxides react in the atmosphere.
Class One Rigid Foams have successfully passed and been awarded Fire-Retardent E-84 Class One Classification in the United States, using ecomate as blowing agent.
Technical and Cost Advantages
1. It requires less expensive polyesters
2. It requires less Fire Retardant
3. It requires a lower Index, therefore requires less isocyanate
4. It requires less blowing agent. (It has a lower MW)
5. It has a lower thermal conductivity
6. It has a lower foam weight loss
7. It is a less flamable blowing agent
8. It does not require expensive explosion proof equipment dispensing equipment
9. It is completely stable in premix.
10. It is a better solvent and has better wetting of substrates
11. It has better adhesion
12. It has better flowability
To Know More about ecomate Please click here