Hazardous Area Cable Glands | E1W Industrial
The cable gland provides mechanical cable retention and electrical continuity via armour wire termination. A detachable armour cone and Anyway universal clamping ring arrangement allows the cable to be easily disconnected from the equipment, for maintenance and change out etc.
This feature also facilitates remote make-off procedures when the termination is to be conducted in confined spaces or in areas of restricted access. Separate tightening actions for the inner displacement seal and the armour termination affords maximum control over the pressure applied to the cable inner bedding.
The CMP E1W range of industrial cable glands is designed and tested to BS 6121:Part 1:1989, meets or surpasses the requirements of EN 50262:1999, and is produced from Brass grade CuZn39Pb3 (CW614N0 to EN12168. Other materials, including Aluminium are also available in this standard design.
- Design Specification
- BS 6121:Part 1:1989, EN 50262:1999
- EN 50262 Mechanical Classifications
- Retention = Class B, Impact = Level 8,
- EN 50262 Electrical Classifications
- Category A without use of an Earth Tag and Category B with an Earth Tag.
- Continuous Operating Temperature
- -60°C to +150°C
- Ingress Protection Rating
- IP66 (IP67/IP68 also available)
- Standard Gland Material
- Electroless Nickel Plated Brass
- Alternative Gland Material
- Stainless Steel, Aluminium
- Seal Material
- CMP Formulated Thermoplastic Elastomer
- Cable Type
- Single Wire Armour (SWA)
- Armour Clamping
- Detachable Armour Cone & Anyway Universal Clamping Ring
- Sealing Technique
- CMP Inner Displacement Seal & Unique CMP “LRS” ™ Outer Seal (Load Retention Seal)
- Sealing Area(s)
- Cable Inner Bedding & Cable Outer Sheath
- Optional Accessories
- Earth Tag
- Entry Thread Seal
- Serrated Washer