Hazardous Area Cable Glands | E2W Industrial Cable Gland
The cable gland provides mechanical cable retention and electrical continuity via the armour termination and also earth bonding of the inner lead covering or lead sheath. A detachable armour cone and Anyway Universal clamping ring arrangement allows the cable to be easily disconnected from the equipment, for maintenance and change out etc. This feature also facilitates remote make-off procedures when the termination is to be conducted in confined spaces or in areas of restricted access.
Separate tightening actions for the inner displacement seal and the armour termination affords maximum control over the pressure applied to the cable inner lead covering.
The CMP E2W range of industrial cable glands is designed and tested to BS 6121:Part 1:1989, meets or surpasses the requirements of EN 50262:1999, and is produced from Brass grade CuZn39Pb3 (CW614N) to EN12168. Other materials including Aluminium are also available in this standard design.
- Design Specification
- BS 6121:Part 1:1989, EN 50262:1999
- EN 50262 Mechanical Classifications
- Retention = Class B, Impact = Level 8,
- EN 50262 Electrical Classifications
- Category A without use of an Earth Tag and Category B with an Earth Tag.
- Continuous Operating Temperature
- -60°C to +150°C
- Ingress Protection Rating
- IP66 (IP67/IP68 also available)
- Standard Gland Material
- Electro less Nickel Plated Brass
- Alternative Gland Material
- Stainless Steel, Aluminium
- Seal Material
- CMP Formulated Thermoplastic Elastomer
- Cable Type
- Lead Sheathed & Single Wire Armour (LC/SWA)
- Armour Clamping
- Detachable Armour Cone & Anyway Universal Clamping Ring
- Sealing Technique
- CMP Inner Displacement Seal & Unique CMP “LRS” ™ Outer Seal (Load Retention Seal)
- Sealing Area(s)
- Inner & Outer Sheath
- Optional Accessories
- Earth Tag
- Entry Thread Seal
- Serrated Washer