Insulation Materials - ArmaSound RD
ArmaSound RD is a versatile acoustic absorber designed for use in a variety of different acoustic applications. A high performance sound absorber which also offers additional barrier (transmission loss) performance and both vibration damping and de-coupling (isolation) properties.
Delivering optimal performance at lower thicknesses than traditional materials, ArmaSound RD is a uniquely advanced open cell acoustic insulation material. Depending on the thickness chosen, ArmaSound RD240 offers excellent sound absorption behaviour across the frequency range.
With a density much greater than traditional acoustic absorption materials, ArmaSound RD is also suitable for some applications that may also call for an acoustic airborne noise barrier.
ArmaSound RD provides a dust and fibre free solution that is suitable for use in a range of demanding environments.
The acoustic properties of ArmaSound RD vary depending on formulation, density and thickness. The best results will be achieved by selecting the most appropriate product grade for the type of noise in question.
- Sound Absorption;
- Open cell structure with complex pore geometry allows for effective absorption of air-borne sound across a broad frequency range;
- Unique combination of physical properties allows absorption to be maximised at key "nuisance" frequencies;
- Sound Barrier (Transmission Loss);
- Relatively high density and high flow resistance offers an effective barrier to sound;
- May be suitable for use as an alternative to complex 'foam-barrier' multi-layers;
- Vibration Damping and De-Coupling (Isolation);
- Visco-elastic properties help dampen or deaden resonance effects in metal panel work (e.g. enclosures or ducting) which helps to reduce associated 're-raditaion' effects;
- Reduces structure-borne noise transmission in flooring when used as isolation pads.