Insulation Materials - Armaflex Solar - Armaflex DuoSolar
Armaflex DuoSolar is pre-insulated flow and return pipe for solar hot-water applications. Armaflex DuoSolar is used to connect the solar collectors with the hot-water storage tank in an easy and professional way.
It optimises the thermal efficiency of the entire system and increases the life expectancy of the installation. Thanks to the pre-insulation and the patented join-split connection, there are significant time savings during installation. Armaflex DuoSolar is available in continuous coils to reduce waste and increase convenience.
Armaflex Solar insulation is available in single tubes, without copper, for insulating the flow and return lines of solar hot-water systems. Tubing is dusted to provide ease of fitting. This is also an ideal solution for systems that use hard-drawn copper.
The insulation has excellent abrasion-resistance, with its tough and weather-proof covering providing protection from damage during installation. Pre-slit tube is also available to increase speed and ease of retro-fits.
The benefits of Armaflex DuoSolar
- High temperature insulation for pipe temperatures up to 150°C
- Weather resistant, due to the factory-applied protective outer film, as per the requirements of AS/NZS 2712:2007
- Abrasion resistant, due to the protective outer film, which protects the insulation during installation
- 15mm thickness insulation to provide an R-value of 0.6 (AS /NZS 4851.1:2002)
- Low thermal-conductivity to minimise heat loss
- Environmentally friendly: PVC-free, zero ODP, made without CFCs and HCFCs, low-VOC
- Black in colour to minimise aesthetic impact on installation
- Protected against water-vapour entry, due to the micro-cell structure of Armaflex
- Supplied in practical 10m and 15m paired coils
- Available in DN15 (1/2”) and DN20 (3/4”) pipe sizes
- Constructed with AS1432-compliant copper
- Installation accessories available: saddle clamps, exterior tapes and insulation adhesive