It is based on the float principle with magnetic transmission in a 3-wire potentiometer circuit. A float with a built-in magnetic system actuates small reed contacts through the wall of the guide tube.
These reed switches form a resistance measuring chain that continuously generates a voltage proportional to the height of the level. The resistance measuring chain is closely stepped and is made up from small chips soldered onto a PCB.
Due to this assembly the generated voltage is virtually continuous. Depending on requirements and design different contact separations from 5 to 20 mm are available.
- External control units and set point relays please refer to catalogue 1011
- Loop-powered control units in terminal box,4 ... 20 mA output.
Technical Advantages of KSR Level Sensors / Transmitters
- The simple operating principle is suitable for a wide variety of applications.
- Continuous measurement of liquid levels independent of physical or chemical changes of the liquid, e.g. foam, conductivity, dielectric constant, S.G., pressure, vacuum, temperature, vapour, condensation, bubbles, boiling effects.
- Signal transmission over large distances.
- Simple installation and commissioning, one-time calibration only, no re-calibration necessary.
- Display proportional to the height of the level or the contents of the vessel.
- Set point relays continuously adjustable over full range.
- High repeatability of set points.