The highly accurate Level Sensor | Continuous System - TORRIX supplies information on tank levels. Through its continuous filling level measurement it creates quality assurance and safety during the process.
Level Sensor | Continuous System - TORRIX is suitable for all liquid media for which a highly accurate level measurement is required.
Advantages of FAFNIR's Technology
- Measuring accuracy better ±0,25 mm
- Resolution better 0,1 mm
- Simultaneous separating layer and filling level measurement possible
- µController regulated
- Temperature-compensated measuring principle
- 2-wire terminal (4-20 mA)
- Very short measuring intervals
- Application in ex-zone O (ATEX, IECEx certificate)
- Durability due to robust structure
- Shock and vibration-proof
- Measuring range along the complete probe length freely adjustable
- Very simple installation and starting
The sensor operates according to the magnetostrictive measuring process. A wire of magnetostrictive material is integrated into the probe tube. By means of the micro-controlled sensor electronics electrical impulses are sent through the wire creating a circular magnetic field.
A magnet is built into the float which magnetizes the wire at the float position. On the location of the superposition of the two magnetic fields a torsion wave is generated which spreads along the wire to the sensor head. The propagation time is registered and processed by the electronics.