High versatility: applicable for many materials from styrofoam to cement.
The Level Switch | Vibration Type is a level control instrument for the detection of minimum and maximum levels in bins, silos and hoppers. It is designed to detect all kinds of grained, granular or powdered bulk solids. Typical applications are overfill protection, high-, mid- or low- level alarm and the detection of settled material in water (special model SEDIMENT).
Advantages of the Level Switch | Vibration Type
The Level Switch | Vibration Type has a piezo driven vibration technique, that offers many advantages over alternative level sensing technologies:
- no moving parts: high durability
- no maintenance required
- unaffected by environmental changes
- e.g. temperature, pressure, humidity
- unaffected by material changes
- unaffected by dust clouds and agitation - no calibration required
- maximum versatility
- the vibration has a self cleaning effect
Single blade design
- The special design where only one rod comes in touch with the material to be detected prevents material bridging, a failure that is typically associated with the dual blade "tuning fork" design.
- Extremely sensitive: the Level Switch | Vibration Type can be used for extremely light material with densities as low as 20 grams / liter.
- Strong stainless steel construction with patented reenforced membrane makes the Level Switch | Vibration Type tough for the use with heavy materials such as cement.
- Material build-up on the container wall has no influence on the function of the Level Switch | Vibration Type as only the tip of the vibrating blade is sensitive and not the base.
- latest state-of-the-art piezoelectric technology
- solid stainless steel construction
- designed and manufactured at PTL in Germany according to DIN EN ISO9001:2000 and with the background of over 20 years of experience in the field of level control.