Whilst choosing the correct thermocouple wire can seem complex, ECEFast can assist in identifying the best choice for your application at the best possible price.
We supply thermocouple multipair cable, armoured cables, overall screened, individual and overall screened variations of cables exist for all thermocouple types. The most common is type K, then T, J and N.
The variables for wire selection include:-
- Thermocouple Calibration - eg K, KK, KX and VX for K
- Insulation Type - eg PVC, Nylon, Teflon, Fibreglass, Ceramic Fibre
- Wire gauge and stranding - eg 16,20,24,32 AWG solid or stranded
- Electrical screening of longer runs of cable, mylar wrap and drain
- Overall protection such as SWA [armour] or metal braiding on the outside