PHF Chlorine and Bromine Transfer Hose Assemblies
At regular temperatures, chlorine is a gas possessing a strong aroma. Its the only hose that can adequately transfer chlorine in safe manner.
When the gas is cooled at atmospheric pressure, it liquefies, forming clear amber liquid. PTFE is the ideal transfer medium due to its unique properties; it is the only hose that can adequately transfer Chlorine in a safe manner.
Liquid chlorine transfer is one of the most complex handling problems in the chemical industry today. At regular temperatures, chlorine is a gas possessing a strong aroma. When the gas is cooled at atmospheric pressure, it liquefies, forming clear amber liquid. PTFE is the ideal transfer medium due to its unique properties; it is the only hose that can adequately transfer chlorine in a safe manner.
Pacific Hoseflex's Chlorine Transfer Hose meets and exceeds the Chlorine Institute specification on operating and test qualifications. In addition, the low profile helical convolutions facilitate easy draining. Each assembly is also serialised for traceability.
- INNERCORE: Convoluted, heavy wall PTFE with an integral fibreglass cover.
- BRAID: Two layers of reinforcement braid.
- FITTINGS: Fittings include male pipe, flange retainer and hose crimped collars, all precision machined from monel type R. The 1/2" male pipe fitting is lined with PFA PTFE.
- COVER: CPE abrasion jacket consisting of 1/8" drilled holes. A moulded label every 1 meter stating Chlorine service, part number, maximum operating pressure and temperature.
- CRIMPED COLLAR: The Crimped 304 Stainless Steel collar holds the CPE cover in place with a lock to the fitting behind the wrenching area.
Monel Chlorine Transfer Hose:
- Monel 400 hose and braid
- Meets Chlorine Institute specifications
- Fully tested and prepared for shipping
Chlorin demanding applications such as chlorine transfer require a precision fabricated hose assembly that meets the requirements of The Chlorine Institute specifications.
Chlorine transfer hoses utilising Monel 400. Monel 400 has excellent resistance to dry chlorine gas. Hose assemblies are fabricated using a single or double layer of Monel braid.
When specified, chlorine transfer assemblies are tested, cleaned, ends capped, bagged and tagged per The Chlorine Institute requirements.
It's the only hose that can adequately transfer chlorine in a safe manner. Exclusive design resists rugged handling and collapse.
FDA Approved, Accepted by the U.S. Coast Guard, PTFE Perfluorocarbon Resins meets FDA 21 CFR 177.1550
Chlorine Institute Pamphlet 6. Appendix A.