RTI Connext™ DDS Software delivers fast, scalable communications software that serves as the foundation for building and integrating real-time operational systems.
RTI Connext™ solutions provide real-time information exchange between applications and systems. You can use RTI Connext middleware for:
- Messaging – Achieve extremely low latency, high throughput and high availability for application-to-application communications. This can satisfy demanding real-time Quality of Service requirements.
- Modular development – Implement an open architecture with modular and interoperable services. This can reduce software complexity and accelerate development, integration and upgrades.
- Integration – Integrate disparate applications and systems. This can improve information sharing, responsiveness, and automation.
There are 5 products in the RTI Connext family, all built on the Data Distribution Service (DDS) standard. DDS is the only general-purpose messaging and interoperability standard designed to address the requirements of large-scale, mission-critical and real-time systems.
- Connext DDS is the world's leading implementation of the DDS standard, available in both commercial and free Open Community Source editions. It was previously referred to as NDDS and RTI Data Distribution Service.
- Connext Micro is a small-footprint DDS implementation for resource-constrained devices and applications that require certification to stringent safety standards such as DO-178C Level A.
- Connext Messaging includes Connext DDS and extends it with enhanced security, high availability and communication patterns.
- Connext Integrator mediates between applications that use different protocols or data models and federates systems across networks and security domains.
- Connext Tools offers a powerful set of debugging, testing and tuning capabilities for systems that use RTI Connext and the DDS standard.