Easy to use menu driven programming allows complete configuration of the unit. Local programming is carried out via a membrane keyboard.
The MSL600 uses the sonar principle, with an ultrasonic pulse transmitted under water. Sophisticated echo processing allows the MSL600 to analyse the pulse of ultrasound which transmits vertically and reflects from the surface of the sludge blanket. The system captures the ultrasonic echoes reflected from the blanket interface.
Knowing the speed of sound in the supernatant, the depth of the sludge blanket is then determined from the time of flight of the echo.
The system comprises an ultrasonic transducer and a bridge mounted control unit. These are specially designed for easy installation on a clarifier tank bridge using a mounting bracket, supplied with the system.
The control unit includes an integral air compressor which provides the air blasts across the transducer face to prevent build up of deposits or algae.
Features of MSL600 Sludge Blanket Level Monitor:
- Operating range 7m/32ft As tested by ITA
- Integral radio link
- Automatic sensor cleaning using air blast
- Supplied complete with transducer mounting framework
- Profibus DP digital communications
Applications of MSL600 Sludge Blanket Level Monitor:
- Primary and secondary clarifiers in waste water applications
- Circular rotating or static clarifiers
- Rectangular clarifiers with moving or static bridges
- Most Lamella clarifiers Picket fence thickener sludge blanket level
- Continuous sludge
Benefits of MSL600 Sludge Blanket Level Monitor:
- Low maintenance
- Cost saving on expensive cable runs
- Remote communications
- Ease of calibration