The COALSCAN uses a dual gamma ray beam which passes through the entire bed of coal. One gamma ray measures the total ash content, the other compensates for changes in bed depth.
The standard COALSCAN can be customised to suit plant requirements. Options include:
- Stainless steel electronics cabinet
- SuperSCAN display and reporting system
- Customised plant interfaces
- Customised frames for wider belts and higher tonnage applications
COALSCAN Model 2100 Applications
Real-time coal-quality data provides active process control, with timely information on ash, to make decisions that maximise the value of the resource, optimise product quality and minimise operating costs.
Typical applications include:
- Analysis of raw coal after crushing
- Analysis of product coal between washery and stockpile or load-out bins
- Analysis and blending control of coal during reclaim from stockpile, to ensure quality targets are met
- Analysis of coal on delivery to power stations and steel plants, to monitor contract compliance and optimise coal use
- Blending coals to take advantage of lower-cost, lower-quality coal whilst meeting specifications
COALSCAN Model 2100 Coal Analyser Advantages:
- State-of-the-art technology
- Low investment and maintenance costs
- Simple installation
- Suits most belt sizes and loads
- Does not touch the coal or the conveyor belt
- Simple calibration
- No sampling necessary during normal operation
- Standard plant interfaces, including RS422 and Ethernet
- IP65 (NEMA4) protection to suit typical plant conditions
- Optional customised software output using SuperSCAN
- Local technical support
- Remote modem support
For your peace of mind we can offer you Free Testwork on your Samples to asses the suitability of the technology to each application. This removes any concern over buying a system where performance for your application would otherwise be uncertain.
We provide money back performance guarantees on our analysers.
To find out more about the COALSCAN 2100 Coal Analyser please call or use the IndustrySearch email form for a direct reply.