The ATI Automation F/T transducer uses silicon strain gauges for excellent noise immunity. The use of silicon gauges allows the F/T transducer to have high stiffness and increased overload protection. All transducer models are available with either DAQ F/T or Controller F/T interfaces.
The DAQ F/T allows the transducer to connect to an analogue Data Acquisition (DAQ) card chosen for your computer bus (PCI, USB, PCMCIA, etc.) making it easy to read sensor data with your PC or robot controller. The F/T strain gauge signals are conditioned and transmitted to the DAQ card. Next, the ATI DAQ software works with your computer to convert strain gauge data into force/torque data.
The DAQ F/T consists of a transducer, an interface board, a power supply board, a DAQ card, software and long-life flexible cables designed to shield against outside electrical noise. The Controller F/T processes the F/T strain gauge information and outputs serial and analogue force/torque data. Controller functions provide tool transformations, peak capture, biasing and discrete I/O.
Advantages of Multi Axis Load Cells
- Overload protection: The F/T transducer is extremely rugged and durable. The transducer’s factor-of-safety can be as high as 4080%, depending on model and calibration.
- High signal-to-noise ratio: Silicon gages provide a signal 75 times stronger than conventional foil gages. This signal is amplified resulting in near-zero noise distortion.
- High-speed output: F/T systems are available with update rates as high as 28.5kHz. This speed exceeds requirements of most robotic and data collection applications.
- Software Tool Transformations: Tool transformations can translate and rotate the F/T reference frame.
- Versatile Outputs: PCI, Analogue, USB, PCMCIA, Discrete I/O, Compact PCI, and more are available.
- Temperature Compensation: Each F/T transducer features hardware temperature compensation to stabilise its sensitivity over temperature. This compensation method optimises the transducer’s accuracy over a range approximately ±25º C from room temperature.