- Measures slippage and shear forces
- Robust design
- Safe overload by up to 600% the nominal value
- Sensitive silicone surface
- High water, acid and heat resistance
The patented OptoForce sensor technology is based on a radically new way of measuring forces. Compared to strain-gauge based load cells, OptoForce transducers are generally much more robust, as the deforming surfaces are physically separated from the sensing element.
In short, we are using infrared light to detect the smallest deformation in the shape of the outer surface.
We are using different kinds of optical grade elastomers to achieve the most reliable results.
- Custom sensor availability
- Safely overloadable construction
- High, temperature compensated linearity
- Available in many sizes
- Nominal capacity from 5-2000N
- Number of axes: 3