To serve as a strainer, a unit is ordered with perforated stainless steel baskets (mesh-lined if desired). When ordered as a filter, it's fitted with perforated stainless steel baskets designed to hold disposable or cleanable filter bags. Industry-standard size bags are used: the standard 30 inch baskets accept bag size 2, the optional 15 inch baskets take size 1.
The standard pressure rating for al models is 150 psi. Al housings can be supplied with an ASME code stamp, if required.
Features of the Multi-Basket Strainers and Multi-Bag Filters
Multiple housing styles available (standard,quick access, low profile, hinged)
Permanently piped housings are opened without tools and without disturbing the piping
Carbon steel, 304 or 316 stainless steel construction housings
Large-area, 30 inch deep, heavy-duty,
9/64 inch perforated baskets
Easy to clean
Low pressure drop
Four cover seal materials: Buna N, Ethylene Propylene, Viton®, and Teflon®
Pressure rating 150 psi
Flanged connections for 2 through 12 inch pipe
Vent, drain and gage connections
Options of the Multi-Basket Strainers and Multi-Bag Filters
ASME code stamp
Higher pressure ratings
Special connection locations
Bag hold down assembly (standard on QAC design)
Inner baskets for dual-stage straining or filtering
Cleanable wire mesh lined or perforated
Special aloy materials
Hydraulic cover lifting assembly
Differential pressure indicators
Al multi-basket models described here are also available as duplex systems. Two units come piped together with valves to permit continuous use of either unit while servicing the other. One lever actuates al valves simultaneously or it can be ordered for automatic service.
Absolute Filters | General and Specialist Filtration Systems
Absolute Filters is a leading supplier of both general and specialist filtration systems. We are specialists in automatic filtering systems and can customise a filter/strainer system to suit your particular application. We warehouse a large assortment of filters and strainers to provide quick service and supply.
OUR PRODUCTS INCLUDE:
- Single filters and strainers
- Dual-duplex filters and strainers
- Manual and fully automatic filters and strainers
- Gravity, medium and high pressure filters to 10,000 PISG
- Vacuum pump inlet filters and exhaust filters
- Instrumentation protection filters
- Cartridge filters
- Specialist membrane and coalescing filters for gases and high purity air requirements
- Environmental modular systems for raw water treatment, waste - water recycling and disinfection
- New, are our liquid-liquid centrifugal separators for the separation of liquids of varying specific gravity, for example oil in water.
- New, Centrasep Centrifuge, which can refine liquid products down to 1 micron. Constructed of 316 stainless steel, this system lends itself to the most industrious application where automation is essential.