The standard design consists of an enlarged rectangular inlet with a screw conveyor to assist the product into the pumping element. Options are available to modify the inlet with either large diameter augers, integral bridge breakers or both.
Features and Benefits of Progressing Cavity Pumps - Widethroat W Range
- Provides a process efficient method of handling sludges with high solids content
- Different design configurations to suit the application, dry solids approaching 40% can be handled when fitted with integral bridge breakers or large augers
- Facilitates ease of maintenance through the simple design and use of a plug in shaft
- Designed to run at relatively slow speeds to minimise damage to shear sensitive products
- Pumps are available as monobloc or bareshaft
- Can be supplied with a Muncher, horizontally mounted onto the hopper, to assist solids reduction prior to pumping