Moorebank Aerosol Fillers PTY LTD is an Australian contract manufacturer involved in the filling and packaging of aerosol cans, focusing on aerosol filling of a range of materials and chemicals.
Moorebank Aerosol Fillers were in need of an Explosion-Proof batching system, to replace outdated equipment. The client required a system capable of a range of functions, including:
- Batch up to 1,000 to 5,000 Litres
- Simple user interface 4 external easy to use buttons that allows factory staff to configure the instrument as well as easy to use for production personnel
- Supplied in an explosion-proof enclosure with IECEX and ATEX approvals
After already having two standard Innovec batching systems on site, Moorebank Aerosol Fillers turned to Innovec for a complete batching system. This system was to include a flow meter, hose reel and explosion-proof liquid batch controller, for the purpose of batching hydrocarbons.
As Innovec is one of Sydney's main local suppliers of explosion-proof batch controllers, the IBLEXD was correctly suggested for the client as it was the right tool for the job.
The IBLEXD allowed a high efficiency of manufacturing and safety for Moorebank Aerosol Fillers, due to the simple user interface of the Innovec batching system.
With the IBLEXD and supplied system at Moorebank Aerosol Fillers running since 2017 without failure the client has been able produce goods at a high efficiency without disruption.
IBLEXD – Explosion-Proof Liquid Batch Controller
The IBLEXD Batch Controller is an 85 to 265VAC or 12- 40VDC powered batch controller for liquids that incorporates a six (6) digit 18mm LCD (liquid crystal) display and integrated back light. The instrument can be configured from the front touch buttons to batch volumes from 0.001 to 999,999 litres and K factors from 999,999 to 0.01 can be utilised. The instrument can batch in up or down mode and provide the excitation power supply for the flow sensor.
- Low Cost – High Performance
- Simple touch switch programming
- English statement prompts
- LCD display (6 characters x 18mm character height)
- Batch in local or remote mode with background total
- Pulse output/litre
- Low flow alarm with batch cancel
- Programmable delay and end of batch signal
- Batch set from front panel in program mode/run
- Dip switch selectable input:
- Reed switch
- Open collector
- CMOS logic
- Ticket printer control
- Plug in screw terminal electrical connection
- K factor: 999, 999 – 0.01 and setpoint: 0.001 – 999, 999
- EMC compliant
For over 25 years Innovec controls has been a specialist provider of process control instruments and electronics for the food and engineering industries. Supplying to some of Australia's Major food and industrial businesses and government contracts through a network of engineering wholesalers and suppliers.
Innovec is an ISO 9001:2015 certified business