The Sierra Wireless AirPrime Q2686 is a compact programmable Wireless CPU with Open AT OS which runs on an ARM9 core, providing applications with more than 16 MIPS (using VariSpeed). Equipped with up to 44 GPIOs, the AirPrime Q2686 is especially suited to applications which require a high number of connections.
The Sierra Wireless AirPrime Q2687 has all of the same features plus EDGE.
Open AT Operating System with DOTA II + Cache Memory
Open AT Plug-Ins including TCP/IP and Internet
Open AT GTi compatible
RTOS Compatible, running on 32 bit, 104 Mhz ARM9 core
VariPower & VariSpeed for battery life optimisation
Largest range of peripheral interfaces, including controllerless Bluetooth & GPS
Global GSM and GPRS operation (Quad Band)
Extended temperature range
Pin Compatible with future 3G (HSDPA) Module
Sierra Wireless Q26 Series Development Kits available:
Sierra Wireless Q26 Series Development Kit
Sierra Wireless Q26 c-GPS Plug-in daughter board
Sierra Wireless Software Suite
The Sierra Wireless Software Suite with integrated IDE is provided by M2M Connectivity for embedding wireless applications.
The Sierra Wireless AirPrime Q2686 and AirPrime Q2687 Intelligent Embedded modules are available from M2M Connectivity. Please click here.
M2M Connectivity, established in 2002, is a specialist wireless component distributor for Australia and New Zealand. We provide wireless connectivity hardware and support services to developers to enable them to bring wireless M2M products to market quickly.
M2M Connectivity support a range of leading wireless brands covering most main wireless M2M technologies including:
• Sierra Wireless – AirPrime modules for UMTS/HSPA and CDMA RevA
• Sierra Wireless - AirLink Programmable Gateways (modems)for 3G /Next G and GSM/GPRS with optional boards for additional features e.g. Ethernet, GPS & IO
• Maestro Wireless Solutions – GSM/ GPRS modems and optional boards for add-on features such as Ethernet.
• connectBlue – Bluetooth, WLAN, Zigbee & Ethernet modules/modems
• Globalstar Simplex – low cost one-way satellite
• Orbcomm Satellite /Stellar & Quake - 2 – way messaging modules/modems
• Iridium Satellite / Quake - Short Burst Data modems with optional GPS and cellular technologies
M2M Connectivity has a strong understanding of the underlying business models for M2M. By maintaining a strong network operator contacts and knowledge of their M2M and mobile data groups, we are able to support developers aiming to sell into operators and/or obtain network approvals.
To our customers, the developers and system integrators, we offer high level technical support both on the wireless hardware we supply, as well as the wireless connectivity issues that almost always arise in wireless applications.
If it is wirelessly connected we can help.