Two small ultrasonic sensors are clamped or bonded to the outside walls of the vessel -one on the bottom of the vessel and the other on the side, to compensate for variations in density.
Signals from the transducers are fed into the processor and either displayed locally if that option is selected or output to a separate system. One processor is required per two vessels. The system calculates the height and volume of the liquid in the tank from the time taken for the signal to be received from the liquid surface.
Features of Tank Level Measurement | Non Invasive - VesselCheck ST2
- Truly non-invasive sensing technique
- Sensors bonded to outside of tank base and side wall
- 20 point calibration table
- Optional local display and/or output to higher level system for up to two tanks
- ATEX approved versions for hazardous areas available
- 4 digital outputs for high and low alarms
Benefits of Tank Level Measurement | Non Invasive - VesselCheck ST2
- Fast, reliable and accurate tank contents measurement
- Easy installation - no tank break-in, easy retrofit to existing tanks
- No down-time during installation
- No moving parts - little or no maintenance required